Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Untitled ( waiting for suggestions)!!!

I have finally decided to re-decorate my room and wanted to do something new and different and as Google has answer to everything I just googled it, I came across something which I m sure most of you havnt heard before… its "Feng Shui'"

Because the Chinese were so renowned for their herbal medicine, acupuncture, kung fo etc . I decided they must be right about feng shui; and I decided to feng shui'd my room.




Feng Shui is an ancient art developed over 3,000 years ago in China. It reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune for people inhabiting it.







For example :
• A bell by the front door leads luck in; a bell by the back door leads luck out. so I should move the wind chimes to the front door.

• Dried flowers are good for decoration; but because they're dead flowers, they're bad for feng shui. So Out should they went.

• Out went the live plants in the bedroom because they create too much energy for sound sleep. Because live plants are good in rooms of sick people, I should have some in my office. No, I am not sick but people there really need some live energy.

• Sleeping with your feet facing the door is the death position. ( I hope some of you got scared by this :P )

• Any sign of water in the bedroom promotes misunderstanding, and complications in life.

• A mirror in the bedroom causes a third person to enter an otherwise good relationship. (I was planning to have a full length mirror in my room :O )

• Feng Shui can also help loose weight :P… you just have to uphold more water signs and colors like green and blue in your kitchen and dining room. ( I wish loosing weight could be so easy :P )

• You should never display a big clock in your bed room. The only clock that is allowed in the bedroom, feng shui-wise, is a small alarm clock that can be easily tucked away.

I am still not sure what im going to do with my bed room but I like the concept of decorating home keeping these aspects in mind. We all know and believe that colors and other stuff like candles and perfumes does have an effect. So wish me luck for my room and Happy Feng Shui-ing! :D


(Dear Readers, i couldt come up with an interesting and attention catching title for this post... suggestions for this blog post title are welcome.. ill change if u can suggest anything good and interesting)

3 comments:

  1. Complicated but Useful Interior Designing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know wat Feng Shui is.. our house was built for Chinese couple..

    well there is also one more thing to Feng shui.. the front door must face where the sun rises and back door where sun sets.. i think this ensures that ur house will stay warm all day :P (because thats wat we get.. not a good thing if ur in pak :P)

    ReplyDelete